Emergency Dental Services
Do you have a dental emergency in Paducah, Lone Oak, Reidland, Ledbetter, Smithland, Benton, Draffenville, Calvert City, and Hardin? If so, don't wait to call Smile Station Dental Care to schedule a same-day dental appointment with Dr. Scott Bridges. At Smile Station Dental Care in Paducah, KY, our welcoming dental staff is well versed in dental accidents and emergencies. They can provide the treatments needed to help you get prompt relief.
Like any emergency, dental emergencies often occur unexpectedly (usually with terrible timing). We do our best to set aside free time daily to accommodate unexpected visitors. Trusted emergency dentist, Dr. Bridges, makes himself available to patients after hours and during our business hours, and he is the gentle dentist patients trust.
Types of Dental Emergencies
A general rule of thumb is if you notice any inflammation, swelling, tenderness, bleeding, or pain, you have a dental emergency on your hands. This is why we do our best to see our patients and provide gentle dentistry whenever they need us at our peaceful, welcoming dental location.
Emergency dentistry heals unforeseen dental injuries that require immediate professional attention. Some examples of dental emergencies include:
- Toothaches: Have you had an injury to your mouth or face? Are there tell-tale signs of swelling? There are many reasons behind tooth pain, including broken teeth, tooth decay, and loose fillings.
- Broken tooth: It can be hard to detect tiny fractures or cracks in your tooth. If left untreated, these tiny cracks slowly grow larger and cause inflammation of the nerve. Ignoring a fracture can allow it to worsen so severely that it can permanently damage your tooth.
- Lost or loose dental crown or filling: A typical dental emergency is a lost or damaged dental crown or filling. If your dental crown/filling has become loose or fallen off, we advise you to make a dental appointment with us as soon as possible.
- Knocked-out tooth: Some dental emergencies can wait for a little while, but a broken or knocked-out tooth has a short time frame where we can assist you. Patients should see us within an hour of their injury, so we have the best chance to save their tooth. A cup of milk or saliva is also acceptable in keeping your tooth moist and safe.
No matter how inconvenient it might be, you should never ignore a dental emergency, and it's always better to see your emergency dentist as soon as you can. You can take some pain relievers to reduce any inflammation and pain until you can visit us.
Treating Dental Emergencies
At Smile Station Dental Care, Dr. Bridges provides the treatment you need to get your smile back on track. Some emergency dental procedures he may recommend are:
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Dental bonding
- Porcelain crowns or veneers
- Root canal treatment
- Tooth extraction
- Dental implants
We also offer sedation dentistry for patients who need a little extra comfort to get through their dental treatment. Whether you need to "take the edge off" to relax or require a deeper level of relaxation to complete your treatment, we've got you covered with either nitrous oxide, oral, or IV sedation.
Helping Our Patients Through Dental Emergencies
At Smile Station Dental Care, Dr. Bridges and our considerate dental staff put your dental emergency to the forefront, even if it occurs outside official business hours. Our inventory of advanced dental technology and amenities allow you to experience the best of what modern dentistry has to offer. We also offer a limited exam special you can use for your dental emergency appointment. We proudly serve patients in Paducah, and the nearby communities of Reidland, Benton, Lone Oak, Mayfield, Farley, and Heath.
If you notice anything odd or unusual, call us right away at (270) 408-1234 to schedule your appointment, no matter how insignificant it might seem. Please don't wait for the pain to bring you to us!