A bridge in the dental world is a replacement option for one or more missing teeth in a row. It works by an underlying framework that we attach to your healthy teeth on either side, and on top, your dentist incorporates one or more dental crowns. Our teeth bridges can last many years, up to a decade, or even longer when you receive a high-quality dental bridge in Paducah, KY, from the Smile Station Family Dentistry.
To provide long-lasting bridges, our team meticulously plans and designs your dental bridge. Then, we may reinforce your adjoining teeth with dental crowns for added strength and include the appropriate number of crowns in your bridge. These durable porcelain restorations look and feel like natural teeth, especially as we match your tooth color so that your teeth bridge blends in perfectly with your unique smile.
Routine Dental Visits Help Care for Your Dental Bridge
To make teeth bridges last for their entire lifespan, we encourage you to take good care of them. Here is what we recommend:
- Brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush twice a day and rinse often
- Carry a flosser or interdental pick to dislodge food debris after meals
- Floss faithfully to prevent periodontal disease
- Avoid chewing ice or other tough foods
- Don’t use your teeth as pliers
- Visit your Paducah dentist frequently to ensure your bridge continues to fit well.
Though your artificial teeth in your dental bridge resist tooth decay and stains due to their ceramic construction, your gums and remaining natural teeth should still be safeguarded to protect your investment for the long term.